Optimizing Approaches to Behavioral Health Management
Leveraging Technology and Analytics to Drive Patient Outcomes
October 5, 2017 9:00 - 11:00 AM
Presented by Beacon Health Options
Innovation abounds, what how can we find the right solutions to employ that are both cost effective and efficient to implement? As Massachusetts prepares to embark on the MassHealth ACO Restructure, what role do we all play in making sure the model is successful? Best practices for behavioral health management require coordination across 3 core stakeholder groups in 3 core categories: Members, Providers and MBHOs regarding Access to Care, Management and Support, and Actionable Analytics.
These categories are inter-related, and shared responsibility crosses all 3 stakeholder groups
Technology tools and analytics can help fill the gaps and answer the following:
- What should Providers & MBHO’s employ to share patient data seamlessly in order to effectively manage the whole person?
- How can we use technology to expand access to Behavioral Health Services?
- How can we support Providers in diagnosis and prescribing for our patients?
- Can we leverage existing patient data to transition from reactive care to proactive & preventative care?
- In what ways can new technologies and analytics drive down the overall cost of care, while improving the member experience around quality and outcomes?
- Alison O’Connell, Director on the Corporate Strategy, Beacon Health Options
Alison's responsibilities include focusing on leveraging Beacon’s core capabilities as well as modernizing our products, tools and solutions in order to support our MCO partners and Provider Networks to drive the quality of care and outcomes for our members.